For a sound, sustainable and efficient property.
The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a document that describes the energy characteristics of a building, giving it a value on a scale that goes from A4 (more efficient) to G (less efficient) and provides recommendations for improving the energy efficiency.
The EPC must be issued in the following cases:
- sale: transfers for a consideration (example: deed, trade-in);
- donation: transfers without monetary consideration;
- letting of buildings or individual real estate units;
- announcements for real estate units sale or rent;
- new buildings at the end of the works;
- significant renovation (when the works consist in more than 25% of the surface of the entire building casing);
- public buildings and open to the public;
- for all new or renewed contracts for the management of heating systems or air conditioning of public buildings.
Sanctions in the absence or non-drafting of the Energy Performance Certificate, attached to the lease or sale contracts, are established by the D.L. 192/2005, which provides for different administrative sanctions depending on the person that is obligated from time to time:
- Non-observance of the compilation rules for EPC model compilation by the qualified professional: penalty ranging from € 700.00 to € 4.200.00.
- Property sold without being provided with EPC, the seller may come up against the penalty ranging from € 3,000.00 to € 18,000.00;
- Property rented out without being provided with EPC, the landlord may come up against the penalty ranging from € 300.00 to € 1.800.00;
- real estate announcement for sale or for rent without indication of energy performance, the sanction (also from part of real estate agency) ranging from € 500.00 to € 3.000.00.
Among the services, we offer to our clients, is the preparation of the EPC Certificate by our qualified experts with whom we collaborate.